Peter began his professional IT career following an MSc in Computing in 1984. Since then he has worked for a variety of companies including ICL, Philips and AOL until joining the NGO sector in 2000. Whilst working for Philips in the late 80's Peter remodelled their branding to: “Let’s make things happen” and has been working to deliver IT projects and programmes ever since.
- Provided the focal point for all IT activities relating to the travel industry.
- Managed emulation software development with Westinghouse.
- Managed ticketing software development with Texas Instruments
- Co-ordinated prototype developments of PC workstations for Covia Corporation.
- Successfully developed and implemented business plans with National Sales Organisations.
- Managed the pilot implementation of a back-office accounting software package.
- Project management of transactional internet developments for major airlines.
- Implementation of on-line booking systems. (www.british-airways.com)
- Established a project methodology for Teletext (An implementation of PRINCE2).
- Established a projects department that included 6 project managers, 1 business analyst and administrator.
- Responsibilities include developing content projects, partner integrations and products into the services for AOL (Proprietary), AOL.co.uk, Netscape and CompuServe.
- Established a streamlined production process for AOL Programming enabling a complete channel redesign of the service within 3 months. (21 channels)
- Responsible for creating and implementing the application roadmap for ActionAid and for all IT service management in the UK.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of IT and systems in WaterAid globally to ensure they are fit for purpose for a growing international development NGO (non-government organisation).
- Collaborating with IT leaders to deliver real value from IT Systems.